Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wheeeee!!! (Oh bugger)

I've just realised that I'm hurtling headlong into the murky depths of middleage at something close to the speed of light. Not too sure when I took that first foolish step off the diving board, but evidence is mounting that it may have been some time ago.

1. I obsess about and fuss over my cats far far FAR too much.
2. I last went clubbing 2 years ago.
3. I no longer WANT to go clubbing (very bad sign)
4. Last night (a Friday), BMF asked if I felt like going out. I replied "No thanks, I fancy an early night curling up with a good book".
5. I worry about getting an early night on worknights.
6. I love cooking and would far rather have friends round for dinner than go out.
7. I've always gone for the older man, but have now realised this means they would be worryingly close to collecting their bus pass.
8. When I meet new men I often think to myself "God, they are SOooo middle-aged". Then I realise they are about the same age as me and start thinking about something else very quickly.
9. Many of my friends who left getting married pretty late, have now been married for years and have several children.
10. Other friends have grown up children.
11. I refer to my team at work as "the children"
12. I enjoy listening to Classic FM and Magic radio
13. I've started enjoying gardening.
14. Shopping trips for new clothes are now more likely to end up at Cath Kidston (Glamorous Mother: "No thanks darling, I won't borrow that. It looks like something my grandmother used to wear.")

There is some hope still though.
1. I don't believe in comfortable shoes. If they're not high enough to cause a serious injury when I fall over then they're not for me.
2. ......

Nope. Thats all I can think of.

Help!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gah, I can't even face high heels any more! At least you are still teetering, that's a v good sign ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. Just off to do some weeding now.....
    ;o)))

    ReplyDelete