Friday, July 17, 2009

Bru....NO!!!

During my long search for a potential sperm donor on a website where donors post pictures and a short biog, I have deliberated long and hard when trying to decide upon a potential biological father. After viewing hundreds of profiles, and meeting a few shortlisted potentials, I haven't yet been able to find a suitable donor: "too short", "too creepy", "looks like a paedophile", "says he has abnormal sperm", "is using site to find a girlfriend", "lives in Russia", "wants to create a master race". That kind of thing.

But I did finally come up with a final decision on the name I'd like for a boy.

"Bruno".

It's not that common, it's nice and manly, it doesn't sound too ridiculous on a 2yr old, it doesn't rule out a significant number of career options in the future (working equally well for a doctor or a builder), and I've never met anyone with this name that might give me pause for thought.

I really like it. Or so I thought.....

BMF has just shown me a clip on YouTube of Sacha Baron Cohens new character. Have a look at this link. If I wasn't so devastated, it would be very funny.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjFPOKx90w

4 comments:

  1. Loving your blog, admire your bravery on the whole sperm donor thing! Knew someone at school called Bruno and that's put me off without Sacha even putting those shorts on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DD!
    I guess one positive side to the single mother situation is a least I wouldn't be arguing with a partner over names (providing I'm lucky enough to get that far of couse!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go for something strong and manly...Spartacus!

    No one'll knock your kid around in the playground,

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like that! I'm having pictures of primary school kids standing facing teacher and saying "I am Spartacus!" "No, I am Spartacus!" Could be useful for future boy when trying to escape punishment for playground coup...
    R x

    ReplyDelete